Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Who is writing this bullshit?

Dan - Builds decks with more triggers than a Tumblr post

Hello, it is me, Dan. I am a twenty something dork who plays games and drinks too much. I often do that while playing Magic, so I feel like it's important to mention it and get it out of the way right now. My favorite hamburger toppings include Cheese, and Crispy Onion Straws. Red Robin has the best ones, but Applebees' aren't bad either.

I started playing Magic: The Gathering when I was about 8. I stopped when I was about 9, because my cousin was a dick and kept playing for ante and taking all my good cards, because I was an 8 year old and was shit. I started playing again last year, and have gotten pretty into it.

Why am I qualified to co-run a Magic blog? Well, mainly because blogs are free and I'm able to type. As for Competitive Magic experience, I don't mean to brag, but I've won two or three FNMs. I had a good deck during Theros, and once that rotated, I went back to being shitty. Other games I play include League of Legends (I hate it but I can't stop), World of Tanks, and any game with space in it.

I went to college once at Grand Valley State University, got a degree, and promptly tucked it away to never use it again as I pursued careers that were not in my field. Right now I'm an Alcoholic Accountant, and it's ok I guess.

I hope you guys enjoy the blag, and feel free to let me know if there's anything you'd like for us to talk about. I don't guarantee we'll do it, but hey, who knows.



Gaige - Just a green mage living in a blue mage's world

I started playing Magic in 5th grade when this asshole Colin decided at the end of the school year that Magic was cooler than Pokémon. I went and bought a pre-built deck, but before I could learn how to play, the school year ended and I moved to a different school. I happened to find a group of degenerates at my new school who all played Magic, and then I officially learned how to play.

Am I qualified to talk about competitive Magic? Let me answer that with my typical FNM record: 3-2. Am I qualified to talk about casual magic? Definitely not, but I love the game and want to spread that love to all of the five or so people that accidentally end up here.

Strengths: Opening good cards in boosters, building sub-par decks with flavor, talking louder than my opponent, using cards incorrectly, going to time on game 2, drinking in the parking lot in between rounds.

Weaknesses: Drawing lands, remembering triggers, tapping lands correctly, Siege Rhinos, knives.

4 comments:

  1. Heyyy a Michigander. Whats up West sideeeee?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michigan is sexy. We're on the east side (AA) right now, but both of us went to school by GR. I've thrown up in that town like, a lot.

      Delete
    2. Michigan is sexy. We're on the east side (AA) right now, but both of us went to school by GR. I've thrown up in that town like, a lot.

      Delete
  2. Heyyy a Michigander. Whats up West sideeeee?

    ReplyDelete